Morning Psalm for Friday in the First Week of Advent




Psalm 27 1-6; 17-18 
1
The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom then shall I fear? *
    the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom then shall I be afraid?
2
When evildoers came upon me to eat up my flesh, *
    it was they, my foes and my adversaries, who stumbled and fell.
3
Though an army should encamp against me, *
    yet my heart shall not be afraid; 
4
And though war should rise up against me, *
    yet will I put my trust in him.
5
One thing have I asked of the LORD; one thing I seek; *
    that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life;
6
To behold the fair beauty of the LORD *
    and to seek him in his temple.
17
What if I had not believed that I should see the goodness of the LORD *
    in the land of the living!
18
O tarry and await the LORD'S pleasure; be strong, and he shall comfort your heart; *
    wait patiently for the LORD.


Comments