Psalm for Friday in the First Week of Advent


Psalm 27:1-6, 17-18


1   The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom then shall I fear?*
     the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom then shall I be afraid?

2   When evildoers came upon me to eat up my flesh,*
      it was they, my foes and my adversaries, who stumbled and fell.

3   Though an army should encamp against me,*
     yet my heart shall not be afraid.

4   And though war should rise up against me,*
     yet will I put my trust in him.

5   One thing have I asked of the LORD; one thing I seek;*
     That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life;

6    To behold the fair beauty of the LORD*
      and to seek him in his temple.

17  What if I had not believed that I should see the goodness of the LORD*
      in the land of the living!

18  O tarry and await the LORD's pleasure; be strong, and he shall comfort your heart;*
      wait patiently for the LORD.





Comments