- When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, *
then were we like those who dream.
- Then was our mouth filled with laughter, *
and our tongue with shouts of joy.
- Then they said among the nations, *
"The LORD has done great things for them."
- The LORD has done great things for us, *
and we are glad indeed.
- Restore our fortunes, O LORD, *
like the watercourses of the Negev.
- Those who sowed with tears *
will reap with songs of joy.
- Those who go out weeping, carrying the seed, *
will come again with joy, shouldering their sheaves.