- Unless the LORD builds the house, *their labor is in vain who build it.
- Unless the LORD watches over the city, *in vain the watchman keeps his vigil.
- It is in vain that you rise so early and go to bed so late; *vain, too, to eat the bread of toil,for he gives to his beloved sleep.
- Children are a heritage from the LORD, *and the fruit of the womb is a gift.
- Like arrows in the hand of a warrior *are the children of one's youth.
- Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them! *he shall not be put to shamewhen he contends with his enemies in the gate.