Psalm 104:1-9, 25, 37b
Benedic, anima mea
- Bless the LORD, O my soul; *
O LORD my God, how excellent is your greatness!
you are clothed with majesty and splendor.
- You wrap yourself with light as with a cloak *
and spread out the heavens like a curtain.
- You lay the beams of your chambers in the waters above; *
you make the clouds your chariot;
you ride on the wings of the wind.
- You make the winds your messengers *
and flames of fire your servants.
- You have set the earth upon its foundations, *
so that it never shall move at any time.
- You covered it with the Deep as with a mantle; *
the waters stood higher than the mountains.
- At your rebuke they fled; *
at the voice of your thunder they hastened away.
- They went up into the hills and down to the valleys beneath, *
to the places you had appointed for them.
- You set the limits that they should not pass; *
they shall not again cover the earth.
- O LORD, how manifold are your works! *
in wisdom you have made them all;
the earth is full of your creatures.