What We're Doing During Lent




So it's officially Lent. As you see, I've pared down the layout of this blog for the season. If you click around on the options for viewing, you will see that there are many ways of looking at the blog - mess around with the tabs on the top left (that say classic, magazine, flipcard, etc.) to see the possibilities.  I hope you'll enjoy it and use the images and posts in your Lenten reflection.

Lent is a time of penitence, of reflection, of preparation, of study, of almsgiving, fasting and prayer. It is also a time of learning and deep joy.

I hope to provide a place of reflection and joy here. You'll have to do the penitence and fasting and almsgiving yourself.

I also hope to help out with your learning by directing you to play Lent Madness this year where you go every weekday during Lent to read about and vote for the saint you think is most worthy (using whatever criteria you think appropriate) between the two who are matched up that day.

The learning and fun begins today at www.lentmadness.org.  Polls are open for 24 hours each day. So, go forth daily and vote!




















Comments

Perpetua said…
Wishing you a blessed Lent, Penny.
Nancy Wallace said…
Have a good Lent Penny - I'm also trying to concentrate on joyful things during Lent.
Meredith Gould said…
Wow, for a moment I thought I'd stumbled into a Tumblr blog! This certainly focuses on Lent Maaaaaaaadness. Excited to who and how you advocate this year. FTW!
Bill Bynum said…
Thanks for the encouragement to try Lenten Madness. These saintly people have such interesting stories! My only problem with Lenten Madness is that, like today's pairing, where both people are so admirable, the decision-challenged like me ought to have a way to vote for both.
Unknown said…
Got my 2013 mug and I'm ready to rock big purple:-)
This comment has been removed by the author.
And also with you, Perpetua!
Hope it goes well, Nancy.
FTW, indeed! I'm excited about it too.
Sometimes you just gotta go with your gut, Bill. Or, you can look to see who's winning and decide to go with the winner. Or champion the underdog. There can be a method to the madness!
Great! Glad you're playing along, Glenn.