Morning Psalm



Psalm 41 


1Happy are they who consider the poor and needy! *

the LORD will deliver them in the time of trouble. 
The LORD preserves them and keeps them alive,
so that they may be happy in the land; *
he does not hand them over to the will of their enemies. 
The LORD sustains them on their sickbed *
and ministers to them in their illness. 
I said, "LORD, be merciful to me; *
heal me, for I have sinned against you." 
My enemies are saying wicked things about me: *
"When will he die, and his name perish?" 
Even if they come to see me, they speak empty words; *
their heart collects false rumors;
they go outside and spread them. 
All my enemies whisper together about me *
and devise evil against me. 
"A deadly thing," they say, "has fastened on him; *
he has taken to his bed and will never get up again." 
Even my best friend, whom I trusted,
who broke bread with me, *
has lifted up his heel and turned against me.
10 But you, O LORD, be merciful to me and raise me up, *
and I shall repay them.
11 By this I know you are pleased with me, *
that my enemy does not triumph over me.
12 In my integrity you hold me fast, *
and shall set me before your face for ever.
13 Blessed be the LORD God of Israel, *
from age to age. Amen. Amen.






Comments