Morning Psalm



Psalm 86
1Bow down your ear, O LORD, and answer me,*
for I am poor and in misery.
2Keep watch over my life, for I am faithful;*
save your servant who puts his trust in you.
3Be merciful to me, O LORD, for you are my God;*
I call upon you all the day long.
4Gladden the soul of your servant,*
for to you, O LORD, I lift up my soul.
5For you, O LORD, are good and forgiving,*
and great is your love toward all who call upon you.
6Give ear, O LORD, to my prayer,*
and attend to the voice of my supplications.
7In the time of my trouble I will call upon you,*
for you will answer me.
8Among the gods there is none like you, O LORD,*
nor anything like your works.
9All the nations you have made will come and worship you, O LORD,*
and glorify your Name.
10For you are great;
you do wondrous things;*
and you alone are God.
11Teach me your way, O LORD,
and I will walk in your truth;*
knit my heart to you that I may fear your Name.
12I will thank you, O LORD my God, with all my heart,*
and glorify your Name for evermore.
13For great is your love toward me;*
you have delivered me from the nethermost Pit.
14The arrogant rise up against me, O God,
and a band of violent men seeks my life;*
they have not set you before their eyes.
15But you, O LORD, are gracious and full of compassion, *
slow to anger, and full of kindness and truth.
16Turn to me and have mercy upon me;*
give your strength to your servant;
and save the child of your handmaid.
17Show me a sign of your favor,
so that those who hate me may see it and be ashamed;*
because you, O LORD, have helped me and comforted me.

Comments