Morning Canticle




9    The First Song of Isaiah    Ecce, Deus 
       Isaiah 12:2-6


Surely, it is God who saves me; * 
    I will trust in him and not be afraid. 
For the Lord is my stronghold and my sure defense, * 
    and he will be my Savior. 
Therefore you shall draw water with rejoicing * 
    from the springs of salvation. 
And on that day you shall say, * 
    Give thanks to the Lord and call upon his Name; 
Make his deeds known among the peoples; * 
    see that they remember that his Name is exalted. 
Sing the praises of the Lord, for he has done great things, * 
    and this is known in all the world. 
Cry aloud, inhabitants of Zion, ring out your joy, * 
    for the great one in the midst of you is the Holy One of Israel.


Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit: * 
    as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be for ever. Amen.










Comments