Morning Psalm


Hear my teaching, O my people;*
incline your ears to the words of my mouth.

I will open my mouth in a parable;*
I will declare the mysteries of ancient times.

That which we have heard and known,
and what our forefathers have told us,*
we will not hide from their children.

We will recount to generations to come
the praiseworthy deeds and the power of the LORD,*
and the wonderful works he has done.

He gave his decrees to Jacob
and established a law for Israel,*
which he commanded them to teach their children;

That the generations to come might know,
and the children yet unborn;*
that they in turn might tell it to their children:

So that they might put their trust in God*
and not forget the deeds of God,
but keep his commandments;

And not be like their forefathers,
a stubborn and rebellious generation,*
a generation whose heart was not steadfast,
and whose spirit was not faithful to God.

Psalm 78:1-8





Comments