Morning Prayer: Cyril
|The Chapel at Grace Church, Kilmarnock VA|
Collect of the Day:
Strengthen, O Lord, the bishops of your Church in their special calling to be teachers and ministers of the Sacraments, so that they, like your servant Cyril of Jerusalem, may effectively instruct your people in Christian faith and practice; and that we, taught by them, may enter more fully into the celebration of the Paschal mystery; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.
The First Reading: Ecclesiasticus 47:8-10
- In all that he did he gave thanks to the Holy One, the Most High, proclaiming his glory;
- he sang praise with all his heart, and he loved his Maker.
- He placed singers before the altar, to make sweet melody with their voices.
- He gave beauty to the festivals and arranged their times throughout the year,
- while they praised God's holy name, and the sanctuary resounded from early morning.
- To read more about Cyril, the Fourth Century Bishop of Jerusalem, click here.