Psalm for Friday in the First Week of Advent




Psalm 27:1-6, 17-18

The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom then shall I fear?
the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom then shall I be afraid?

When evildoers came upon me to eat up my flesh, 
it was they, my foes and my adversaries, who stumbled and fell.

Though an army should encamp against me,
yet my heart shall not be afraid;

And though war should rise up against me,
yet will I put my trust in him.

One thing have I asked of the Lord; one thing I seek;
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life;

To behold the fair beauty of the Lord
and to seek him in his temple.

What if I had not believed that I should see the goodness of the Lord
in the land of the living!

O tarry and await the Lord's pleasure; be strong, and he shall comfort your heart;
wait patiently for the Lord.






Comments