Gratitude





Sometimes, one is simply grateful.

Tonight, I am simply grateful for all the blessings of this life.  For my family, for friends, for caring strangers, for health, for public safety officers, for guardian angels and all the company of heaven.
All is well, and I am grateful.


O Lord, support us all the day long, until the shadows
lengthen, and the evening comes, and the busy world is
hushed, and the fever of life is over, and our work is done.
Then in thy mercy, grant us a safe lodging, and a holy rest,
and peace at the last. Amen.


(BCP 833)

Comments

Ray Barnes said…
Another nice one Penny. Timely too for me.
Gratitude for the things we take for granted is often neglected.
I am currently writind down a blessing every day when I have a comprehensive list I'll put it in a blog.
Thankyou for this.
Thank you, Ray - I look forward to seeing your blessings list on your blog!