Royal glamour roundup on a tragic day



These are all of my (freestanding) magi, gathered for a last photo op before going into their boxes for another year.  As I pack, I think about what it means to be wise, to be a king, to be entrusted with the care and governance of the people.  God's people.

Meanwhile, I am riveted to the online news, heartsick, waiting to hear about the condition of Representative Giffords of Arizona.   I am appalled and horrified at this violence and join those who mourn for Judge Roll and the others who were gunned down today.  Another slaughter of the innocents.

Keep watch, dear Lord, with those who work or watch or weep this night, and give your angels charge over those who sleep.  Tend the sick, Lord Christ; give rest to the weary, bless the dying, soothe the suffering, pity the afflicted, shield the joyous; and all for your Love's sake.  Amen.
(BCP 134)

Comments